We don’t sell Medicare products
As an informational site, we sell no products, but provide you the ability for you to purchase Medicare Advantage or Medicare supplements from trusted partners who do. We are compensated for these referrals, but are not paid on sales as we are not licensed insurance agents and do not sell things. We describe each of these circumstances where we connect you to sites providing health insurance quotes below.
Your privacy is our priority.
We know less about you than you think … because our priority is your convenience and privacy.
That means you can – in the vast majority of cases – review your Medicare Advantage or Medicare supplement options anonymously while on our site. In the majority of quote requests, we only need a ZIP code and a small amount of non-personally-identifiable information before redirecting you to a partner who will provide you with health insurance quotes. These online quoting vendors meet these criteria:
- They service customers in the ZIP code you entered.
- They will allow you to get pricing anonymously, without you needing to provide your contact information.
- If you do decide to provide your contact information to them, they agree not to share that information with other sites or parties, including us.
When we do collect your contact information for an insurance quote:
- In some select ZIP codes, we may ask for your personal information, including, but not limited to, your name and how to contact you.
- In these cases, we send your information to a single call center where a personal representative will contact you to present insurance options. This agent will be able to help you determine your options.
- In these cases, the form discloses that if you give your personal information, you are agreeing to receiving a call and/or email from that call center. There is also a link to bypass this form and shop anonymously as described in the preceding section.
- These licensed agents have pledged to never share your information with other agents or companies, so you will not be contacted by anyone other than that one single call center.
- Your information is captured securely through our SSL server and is encrypted whenever it is transferred to a trusted partner. Medicareresources.org has no need for and never collects your most sensitive data — Social Security numbers, state driver’s license numbers, credit card information or banking information.
In some ZIP codes, where no online individual health insurance quote is available, we may instead show you sponsored listings. These sites are advertisers and are not owned or managed by medicareresources.org In these cases our pages disclose: “These are sponsored listings”.
You may also encounter these advertisements on “leave-behind” pages when our site sends you to another partner for online quotes.
Quotes by phone
When you call a number on our site with language similar to “call to get free assistance from a licensed agent” or as part of a quote box, it rings through a phone transfer system managed by medicareresources.org. We route your call to a trusted partner that services your ZIP Code whenever available. (This , which includes regular business hours most weekdays, and can included extended hours and weekends during Medicare open enrollment.)
Where we don’t have a partner available for your ZIP code or at a particular time, some calls are routed to call centers on another network, which manages the relationships with and routing to its own partners.
Regardless to where you are routed to, the phone should be answered by a licensed, exchange-certified enroller.
If you have any problems in dealing with quote providers reached through our site that you are not able to resolve with that provider, use our contact form to notify us. We want you to have a great experience.
While these providers are independent of us and we do not have access to your information, it does help us determine whether to continue a relationship with that partner.
If the quote provider does not have a direct relationship with us but does with an advertising clearinghouse or call center network, we will forward your feedback to them.
Statistic services, including Google Analytics, log how visitors interact with healthinsurance.org, which helps us improve our site. They do not personally identify you.
You may disable or delete cookies at any time.
Social sharing tools
healthinsurance.org offers tools from third parties, including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter, to help you share content to your social networks or comment on stories on our site. You opt-in to these services through those sites – they are offered on our site merely as a convenience.
Links to other web sites
When you click on a link that takes you away from medicareresources.org, be a smart consumer and review the privacy practices at any site you navigate to before providing personal information. Many other such links are found on our state guides and on other articles, blog posts and other content throughout the site.
Linking to another site does not imply endorsement by medicareresources.org (that pretty much applies to any site on the Internet).
Let us know how we’re doing.
Call our editorial offices: (952) 373-1896
Contact us via email:
Our email form.
Send us postal mail:
5353 Wayzata Boulevard, Suite 300
St. Louis Park, MN 55416.