Medicareresources.org was created by healthinsurance.org, which itself was created in 1994 and is one of the longest running sources of in-depth information about health insurance for consumers.
This site is intended to be a consumer guide, including:
- an overview of the basics of Medicare coverage options, enrollment and eligibility
- an extensive collection of frequently asked questions about coverage
- a blog that provides expert analysis of the policy developments that are likely to affect Medicare coverage
- overviews of state-specific Medicare information
- a glossary of Medicare terms
Our team of experts
This site’s content is authored by a team of veteran healthcare writers who know the health insurance industry, understand the political battles over healthcare – and, most importantly, who know the needs of consumers.
Recent contributors to the site include:
- Louise Norris, who brings a broker’s perspective to her extensive coverage of the Medicare market,
- Personal finance and healthcare writer Maurie Backman,
- Medicare enrollment specialist Jennifer Chumbley Hogue
- Medicare and health policy expert Josh Schultz,
- Jae W. Oh, a nationally recognized Medicare expert, and
- Jesse Migneault, journalist and editor who has written about business, government and healthcare.
We actively seek guests posts from organizations that share our common goals: to educate Americans about Medicare and to give them a thorough understanding of how the ACA will make changes to Medicare.
Our health policy panel
Editorial reviews (as noted next to bylines of selected content) are provided by a member of our health policy panel, which includes Louise Norris, Maurie Backman, Josh Schultz, Jennifer Chumbley Hogue, and Jae W. Oh.
What we are not
Our business relationships
We are compensated by partners who offer quoting services on our site. This allows us to hire bright people, invest in a robust technology platform to deliver this site for you, and continue our mission to make Medicare coverage more understandable and available to more people. You will not be contacted by an insurance agent unless you initiate contact by emailing us or calling one of the telephone numbers on our pages.
Views expressed here are those of our editors, and may not be shared by other sites we link to or partner with. Advocacy or opinion pieces are issue-specific, and should not be considered an endorsement of any particular elected official, political party or ideology.
Opinions by our bloggers and other writers are those of the bylined author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of healthinsurance.org.
We welcome questions or feedback about our content – you’ll find comments enabled on the majority of our articles so that you can share your feedback with all visitors and begin a dialogue. We welcome any and all direct comments or suggestions as well, see our contact information below. And thanks in advance for contributing to the usefulness of this site for others.
Call our editorial offices:
Contact us via email:
Our email form.
Send us postal mail:
5353 Wayzata Boulevard, Suite 300
St. Louis Park, MN 55416.
The entire content of this website and its subdomains is copyrighted to healthinsurance.org, LLC., and should never be reproduced/copied to another website without written authorization. In addition to respecting us, it respects our valued content creators whom we compensate to create timely, engaging, and useful stories for our site.