Louise Norris has been writing about health insurance and healthcare reform at The Colorado Health Insurance Insider since 2006.
She brings a broker’s perspective to the healthcare reform discussion, as she and her husband started their health insurance agency, Insurance Shoppers, Inc., in 2003 and have spent the last decade helping clients in Colorado find Medicare products and individual health insurance policies that meet their needs and budget.
Louise has written more than 120 opinions and educational pieces about Obamacare for healthinsurance.org and authored The Insider’s Guide to Obamacare’s Open Enrollment. The guide is filled with tips designed to help consumers select the right ACA-compliant coverage and spend less time doing it.
Posts by Louise Norris
- How much does the average Medicare beneficiary pay out of pocket for medical expenses?
- Does all Medicare private coverage have open enrollment periods?
- How do I qualify for Medicare’s Extra Help?
- How does the ‘hold harmless’ provision protect beneficiaries from Medicare Part B premium increases?
- Is Medicare’s coverage as good as my employer-sponsored insurance?
- What’s the difference between Medicare and Medicaid?
- How does a doctor’s participation in Medicare affect reimbursement?
- Are Social Security and Medicare the same thing?
- How can I be sure that my Medicare prescription drug plan will cover my expenses?
- Is there help for me if I can’t afford Medicare’s premiums?